Todd and Meredith

Todd and Meredith
A blog about the love and joy that came to us through adoption!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

July will be upon us and we will...

April is almost over and we had no problems getting through the month with no surprising news and we are so thankful! Thank you for your prayers and love for us as we waited for April 15 to pass. 

What is next? We expect to hear from our adoption agency soon that they are applying for a date in July to go to Boston Courts to finalize our adoption. To legally make Jaylen become Payton... to legally make Payton our daughter... to legally become one family... but honestly

We are all those things already! Payton knows her name, she will respond to it, she loves to be called Payton and she fits her name perfectly! I think of the Bible verse in John 10 that talks about the Good shepherd knowing His sheep by name and I know that God knew that Payton would be Payton and must rejoice when she responds with a smile to her name!

Payton is our daughter. As odd as it may sound she looks like us! Strangers who don't know we are adopting always say how much she looks like us. But it is more than that, there is a connection between Payton, Todd and myself that is so deep and so real. I have heard people say that they would die for their kids and I can say without a doubt that I would do ANYTHING  for Payton. She is my daughter! The adoption quote, "Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it." Is 100% truth for us! She has grown a spot in my heart that no one else can ever touch. Payton is my baby and I love her more than I will ever be able to express!

No matter what date it is or what we are waiting for in the next step to our adoption, we are a family. I can't imagine waiting until July to think we are a family. We do everything as a family now because we are a family. The three of us have our family routine down, we know what works for us and what doesn't work for us. We know how to care for each other and how to have fun together. Some of my favorite moments are the little ones when we are sitting in the bed together and Payton is just talking to us (baby jabber) and we make her laugh by tickling her or kissing her or we sing her favorite songs with her toys. I love those moments as a family. There is pure joy in the small moments as a family!

The date in July will mean the world to us because legally our society will know what we already know... that God has brought us a miracle and we can celebrate who God is and what He has done for our family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment