Todd and Meredith

Todd and Meredith
A blog about the love and joy that came to us through adoption!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hats and pictures

We are getting the ball rolling with the adoption and one of the first few things we have to do is to get together 15-20 pictures of Todd and I together, no problem but there is a catch. You can not have sunglasses or hats on or being in bathing suits or have them be your wedding pictures.
Obviously this elements every photo but maybe 4, Todd LOVES to wear hats! He would wear them to bed sometimes if he could. It was funny to go through all the pictures and see how many failed the approved picture list. We will be going out and taking some new pictures though so we can get that done.
Then on the list was about us, what memories do you have together, favorite traditions, favorite movies, books, etc. Easy but then we have to write the Birthmother letter.
To say this letter intimidates me is an understatement. How do you explain to a woman through a letter that you would like her child? It seems so crazy to me. I can not wait to hold my child and love them and I can not figure out how a letter (1/2 page typed) is going to be the starting point for a connection with a lady to trust us to parent her child.
I want to tell her that my husband is the best, he works hard and is the most honest person I know. I want her to know that we have a crazy life and that Todd and I love each other more than we love ourselves. I want to explain to the birthmother that we long to be parents together and raise your child to love themselves and love others and mostly to love God. I want to tell her that our families are the best, that they are supportive and so excited to have a new person in our family to love and have fun with. We do have the best families. I want to explain to this woman that people are praying for her and hoping that she fully understands the joy that she is bringing to our life but making a decision that will change all of our lives. I just don't know how to express it best so I will leave it up to God. God knows the birthmother that he has picked out for us and He knows the words we should write so I continue to pray and trust Him for all the wisdom in this process.
Please continue to pray for us as we go through this journey, as of now we are still enjoying the process and we are so thankful to all our friends and family for their prayers and support. You don't know how much it means to us to hear you say you are praying for us or when we receive a check from someone. It is truly amazing!

Prayer: God please be with us as we write our Birthmother letter. Help us to express our honest thoughts and feelings and help us connect with the Birthmother that you have in mind for us. Please help us continue to trust you to help us through this process in all ways, financially, emotionally, and mentally. God keep our future child safe and thank you for the love and support of our friends and family. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment