"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
I wanted to give you an update on Soaring Wings Ministries and my health. We are loving our summer at Soaring Wings Ministries working with Week of Hope again. The teenagers that come to serve with their leaders are full of energy and we are so thankful for all the work they can do with us on the ranch and the outreach we get to do with them to the homeless in the area! Every Wednesday we pack blessing bags, make cookies, and cross necklaces and head to Fort Collins for outreach to the homeless. This summer the Week of Hope campers will do projects like painting, roof repair, work on the plumbing in the addition, and much more! The days are busy and full but at the end of each week we are so thankful and give thanks to God for each person that serves with Soaring Wings Ministries.
Last Monday I met with one of my doctors and they told me that I have endometrial cancer. It was a shock but at the same time I have had a true peace (God's peace!!!) about the situation, my family had been praying for me for about a week when we had the warning that I could have cancer and I promise that God has entered my life like never before! People keep asking how are you feeling, I feel great- seriously I don't feel sick at all- thank God for that and thank God that His peace and strength is all over me and I feel it every moment.
I met with the oncologist yesterday and surgery is scheduled for July 5th. The surgery will be about 3 hours and the recovery will be 8 weeks. I can't imagine going slowly for 8 weeks but I will take it day by day and trust that God has this too. We won't know any more about what is next until after the surgery so we wait and trust that God is already in the future.
Please pray for:
- The Week of Hope campers: give thanks for all they will do this summer to serve the Soaring Wings Ministries ranch and the homeless in the community. Pray for their safety and that they draw near to God as they serve here.
- The Homeless: that they feel God's love through the services from Soaring Wings Ministries and our Week of Hope campers this summer.
- My health: that the cancer is local and that the surgery goes smoothly and they can remove all the cancer. Pray for patiences for me as I recover and pray that I can heal fully.
- My family: pray that they have peace and patience during this time of surgery and recovery too.
What can you do to help? Everyone always says what can I do to help which I love and am so thankful for and I can't tell you how amazing people really are!
- Pray, I love prayer! I truly believe that God hears our prayers and when we pray amazing things happen to us and to those who you are praying for so please pray.
- Meals- Mom (and Todd and Dad) will be doing more around here as I will be out of service for a 8 weeks. That is more with Soaring Wings Ministries and at the house. So if you would like to donate a meal that would be amazing, contact mom to figure that out please.
- Support- I won't be able to do fundraisers or really much for a while and I live on support so if you would like to make a donation towards my support that would be a true gift to me and my family as I recover. You can donate two ways online (www.soaringwingsministries.org and click donate) or mail a check to Soaring Wings Ministries at 499 Trinity Lane Wellington, CO 80549 with "Meredith Support" in the memo. To not have to worry or think about this while dealing with these health issues would be a true gift!
Thank you for your prayers and support!