Todd and Meredith

Todd and Meredith
A blog about the love and joy that came to us through adoption!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Blessed and surprised

How do you thank people enough when my heart feels like there is no way to thank everyone for everything?!?

We had our adoption dinner at Cape Cod Covenant Church last night and Todd and I were amazed at all the wonderful people who worked so hard with us to get everything cooked and set up, we were amazed by peoples willingness to donate their time and energy and skills, we were so thankful and amazed by the people who showed up and donated, and we were blessed with the feeling of God and love in the room.
My favorite part of the dinner was seeing everyone there. It was a joy to look around and see different people I knew from different things, I had people there that I have coached, our social worker was there, the lady that I rent vans from was there, people from church, my teenagers, Todd's family, my family, friends, and we had both young and old, and it reminded me of two things. First I was overwhelmed that we are so blessed to be able to go through this adoption journey with such amazing people and that some day we will get to share our child with such awesome people. We could not
ask for better people to walk through this journey with! The second thing I thought was, man when we get to Heaven it will be like this, all our friends

and family will be there, enjoying great food, music, entertainment, laughter and you know God will be loving it! God was with us last night and I can't wait to see His face someday when we celebrate in Heaven!
There were so many people behind the scenes of our dinner; Carol-Lynn put together a raffle basket for us and we raised over $100 in tickets from the raffle, thank you so much Carol Lynn and congratulations to Clair on winning! Bob Wilson supplied our music and entertainment for the night with a few special guest, the teenagers and Elizabeth, Thank you Bob. Buncey's Pizza donated delicious lasagnas, Todd's Uncle Mike made amazing bread, and Todd's mom brought a lasagna all the way from
Brockton for the dinner, thank you for the food donations! Thank you to everyone who provided salads, it was such a wonderful spread! Thank you to Carolyn for the beautiful and yummy cake! It was more than we had dreamed of and the three
different flavors were amazing! Thank you for donating your time and skills! Thank you to everyone who helped set up and clean up! It is amazing what people working together can achieve! Without all of you, Todd and I would still be there cleaning up!
My mom worked so hard to get the dinner ready. We planned and hoped and yes, even prayed that we would not burn the food and the food came out great. One dish had my mom at the stove stirring for an hour and a half. She is a dedicated woman and I admire her deeply. I loved working with her in the kitchen and we worked hard and laughed hard! It was a joy!
Everyone always wants to know how much did we make at a fundraiser and I am pleased to say that we made over $2000 at our fundraiser from the donations from people there and those who donated even though they could not attend! Thank you so much to everyone for their generous gifts of love towards our adoption. We are blessed beyond words and we thank you all for making the night so special!

We will forever give thanks for each and everyone of you and know that you all hold a special and dear spot in our hearts!
Love,
Meredith and Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment